Thursday, June 19, 2008

How do you ......

teach your children that what their father is doing is not what a respectable man should do? My boys are only 5 and almost 3 but I want to start teaching them now that they should not treat anyone the way we have been treated. I am trying to explain to them on their level how you should treat others especially those you love. Right now I am making a big deal about manners and doing nice things for others and making sure they think about how it will affect the other person before they do or say it. I might be getting in over my head but I want to instill in them from now on, you don't do to anyone what has been done to us. My boys have always been very loving and kind but I want to make sure that is taken 10 times further through the rest of their life!

1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

That's all you can do!! Teach them right and they'll know how to treat people right. All we can do as moms is do our best!!