Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MIL

From the very beginning I knew in the back of my head that my m-i-l would be a problem. She never liked me and made it clear from the beginning. I tried to be nice to her and went above and beyond to try and win her over. There was just no pleasing her, anyway I tried. She would come to visit us and never speak to me. She would take POS into other rooms to talk to him so I couldn't hear and if I went in that room she would take him to another room! If she called my house she would never say Hey E how are you? It was always, can I speak to POS when I answered. The thing that drove me nuts was how there was never any notice of them coming to see us. Most people call and say hey we want to come visit what about such and such date? No, they would call and say we are on our way we will be there in so many hours and are staying for so many days. Whatever we had planned would have to be canceled and I would have to go on a cleaning rampage until they got there.

Then my babies were born and from the beginning she has not been any kind of grandmother to them. When E was born she came to stay with us and be there when he was born. Which was fine until we got home and she decided to be his mom. I had a c-section and couldn't jump up and do things. She decided she would do everything for E- give him his first bath, change the first diaper, give the first bottle, etc. etc. Then when I mentioned that it should be the time I bonded with my son she got pissed and left. Then J was born and she missed his birth because he came early. By the time she got there she ended up having to leave because Katrina was on its way! Since then we have seen her once! My children do not know who she is because she never calls them or sends them cards or anything. She claims its because I won't let her. That is not true because I have always said she could be apart of their lives however I don't feel it is my responsibility to seek her out and call her and make sure they know who she is. This past Christmas she sent us a Hickory Farms gift for all 4 of us. It was good but my babies don't understand that that was their present. Ethan did get a PSP from her 2 Christmas's' ago so I guess that is supposed to last forever.

When POS and I started having problems he said one reason was because I had out casted him from his family. So, even though it was totally against everything I believed, I called her and apologized for everything. Even though none of it was my fault. She talked to me a couple of times on the phone- sounded very genuine and everything. But guess what, we have been gone from POS for a month now and NOT ONE SINGLE CALL to check on us or anything! So you tell me who the Bitch is?

If there ever is a next time, I will do my homework and definitely check out the in-laws before anything is started!

No comments: